WILD CARD AND TRACK RESERVES
16 riders compete in each meeting; with 2 Track Reserves on standby should a rider get injured during the meeting or excluded during a heat.
Points scored by riders in each heat of the meeting constitute their Grand Prix points at the end of each event and will be awarded to the riders World Championship points.
The World Champion will be the rider that has the most World Championship points at the end of the season.
Timed qualifying will determine the rider’s gate positions on Race Day.
HOW POINTS ARE SCORED
|FIM SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS AWARDED|
After the completion of Heat 20, 21 or 22:
When establishing the order between riders at the conclusion of Heat 20, or following the completion of the semi-finals (Heats 21 and 22), any ties will be solved as follows:
- Precedence will be given to the tied rider that has the most amount of 1st places (then 2nd places, then 3rd places).
- If they still cannot be separated, their placing will be determined by their head to head heat result.
If the tie still persists and involves more than 2 riders, it shall be checked whether there is a possibility to determine a proper precedence (Riders A, B & C) eg:
• Rider A has beaten rider B
• Rider A has beaten rider C
• Rider B has beaten rider C
Rider A would be ranked ahead of rider B then rider C
- If none of these solutions can resolve the tie, the precedence will go to the GP ranking of the rider from the start of the season.
RULES IN THE EVENT OF A TIE IN THE OVERALL CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS
- If riders are tied in the Final FIM Speedway Grand Prix Championship Standings, the following will apply:
- Run-off for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place
- Run off for 8th place (the final automatic qualification place for the following year's Grand Prix Series
- For all other placings, the lowest riding number jacket will be considered the better-placed rider.